Aye, avast. Hoist the sails, mateys. Its that time again... You know. When I get tagged in a meme, feel bored, and obligate some of you to actually do something! So anyway, I was tagged by
, and to start, its the standard music game. You know, MP3 to shuffle and the first ten songs are what you good people get to guess. For posterity, I'll now shamelessly copy and paste.
Step 1 - Put your music player on shuffle
Step 2 - Post the first line from the first 10 songs on that play.
Step 3 - Strike through the lines when someone guesses both artist and track correctly or pull them off your list.
Step 4 - Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5 - If you like the game
, post your own.
(I am going to cheat a little, and post more than the first line because I listen to a lot of songs that are hard to recognize. Don't worry, I'll also cheat and skip over anything without lyrics. I've got quite a lot of that)
1) Well I heard you crying loud all the way across town.
2) Can't stop, addicted to the shindig. Cop top, he says I'm gonna win big.
3) When I counted up my demons, saw there was one for every day. With the good ones on my shoulder, I drove the other ones away.
4) It could be ten, but then again, I can't remember half an hour since a quarter to four. Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me with my jaw on the floor.
5) Find yourself a girl, and settle down. Live a simple life in a quiet town.
6) She grew up in an Indiana town, had a good lookin' mama who never was around.
7) Yesterday I spent asleep, Woke up in my clothes in a dirty heap. Spent the night trying to make a deadline, Squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline.
8) Keep your secrets in the dark. Nothing matters anymore. Body's breaking, drive me crazy. (props for good rock knowledge to any who can guess this one)
9) Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you.
10) Forgive me lover, for I have sinned, for I have done you wrong. For I have hurt beyond repair, and when tears did come, no I did not care. (bonus points for guessing this one, and I'll even take three different answers for the artist. Yeah, they have quite a few gigs.)
Now for the actual meme. But first a message from our sponsor www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmDZz…
And now for the all important rules
1->You must post these rules (VERY Important )
2->Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
3->Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create ten new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4->You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5->Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.EDIT:
Screw the rules, I have money. I'm not tagging ten people. If I think you might enjoy it, I'll tag you. Feel free to steal this, just let me know what you say and I'll answer your questions.
Drum roll please! :rockforthecross74: asks...
1. Have you ever found yourself shuffling throughout the house with one shoe on? No, I haven't. It's really hard to shuffle in flip flops. When I'm home, its either those or barefoot.
2. What mental image does the phrase "epic turtle strike force five" make you think of? ) xkcd.com/197/ A picture is worth a thousand words.
3. What do you say in your sleep? I'd have to ask my room mate, but I know that I've threatened one of my friends before. My sister and cousins heard that one and still won't let me live it down.
4. Have you ever eaten margarine, salsa, or some other condiment with a fork or spoon? Ketchup with a fork yesterday at lunch. Not by itself, but still.
5. Would you elect me President? Why not? You could probably do a better job than the last two put together!
6. What's the most embarrassing Freudian slip you've ever said? (A Freudian slip is when you accidentally replace one word in your sentence with a word related to what you're thinking of.) I've had so many of those, I don't know where to start...
7. What's the longest you've ever stayed awake? 19 hours. 7 of those hours was spent playing Star Wars: Battlefront. The rest was spent putting christmas lights on my roof.
8. Halo or Call of Duty? Or, if you're not a gamer, Coke or Mountain Dew? Halo and Mountain Dew. But I've got to say, try Battlefield. Its better than Call of Duty.
9. What is your opinion on my writing and/or art? (Haha, just HAD to ask...) I like your writing. Fun little satires make my day, and the fact that they do tell the stories with such an awesome twist make them that much better.
10. What's the craziest thing you've ever done? Probably racing a storm in a little fishing boat. That's a much longer, much more adrenaline pumping story than I make it seem from that five seconds. I've actually been thinking of putting it into a short story form.
Now, for some sweet reprisals. Muwahahaha... You poor tagged people get to answer my questions now!
1) What's your favorite movie? (it says more than you would think about a person)
2) Are you afraid of the dark/commitment?
3) Look at the nearest bookshelf. If you had to burn one of the books on that shelf, which one would it be and why?
4) If you don't have a college degree, do you plan on getting one? If you already have one or are working towards one, what is it in?
5) What's your favorite thing in my gallery/why do you watch me?
6) Coke or Pepsi?
Would it work?
8) Are you a caffeine addict?
9) What instruments do you play (or if you don't play any, what would you want to play)? Singing counts!
10) What's the most insane thing that you've ever done? Stupid, awesome, whatever works.
1) I've never been drunk or high.
2) There's a squid hat on my shelf. Its for my Halloween costume. I'm being Cthulhu's orange cousin, just for laughs.
3) I've been in a steady relationship with the woman of my dreams for 2 years, 7 months, and 6 days. I'm sure that number has some random significance.
4) I play Magic: the Gathering. You may now brand me as a geek.
5) I want to destroy all Nyeh/Lol cats. EVERYWHERE.
6) I think that John Foreman of Switchfoot is a better singer/songwriter than John Lennon and Paul McCartney could ever have hoped to be.
7) I'M FIRIN' MA LASER!
8) Most of the people I've met in college so far know someone who I know. Most of these people are from nowhere near where I'm from. Small world, eh?
9) I've recently begun listening to (and enjoying) Gregorian Chant.
10) I've seen Skillet perform live three times in the last four years. I was freakin' close to the pyrotechnics twice. My eyebrows are still recovering from the last one's dance floor seats.
Tag! You're it.
and anyone else who wants to have a go at this.
I guess that's it for now. I'm off to march! Speaking of, LSU vs. MSU this Thursday on ESPN. I'll be up in the band, so take a look!